Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Alfonso Cuaron is a GD genius

"Children of Men" is on right now and I can't help watch at least part of it (though I did watch it last week.) I feel compelled to post about this utterly brilliant futuristic, sci-fi, drama because not only is it full of subtle incredible nuances, like the use of Radiohead's "Life in A Glass House" in the background during the "Strawberry Cough" scene (which would have made the song 26 years old,) but Clive Owen's performance is just stellar, especially in the moments when he's a downright louse. Though another reason I had to post is because Alfonso Cuaron is a down right genius and I also caught most of "Great Expectations" (which has a killer soundtrack) this morning, while getting ready for work. This man is a brilliant craftsman and is able to have his actors create strong and powerful characters that jump off the screen and into your heart in every one of his films, and his ever constant yet subtle use of the color green is truly remarkable and beautifully executed (seriously he's gaga for the green it's everywhere.) Anyway I highly recommend all of his films he is amazing.

No comments: