Sunday, November 23, 2008

Entourage is back...but only for tonight


Entourage returned for it's 5th season on September 7th and boy was I excited, because it used to be one of my all time favorite shows. Though the show just got renewed for a 6th season, the current one has been so lackluster (so much so I haven't even felt compelled to blog about it) and i'm glad someone else agrees. Now that the season as basically at it's end, I've had a chance to reflect on the the events, or lack there of, that have transpired for "movie star Vincent Chase." I truly applaud and respect creator, and frequent writer, Doug Ellin, for showing the less glamorous side of what it means to be, or attempting to be a working actor in Hollywood. For the first half of the season waited and waited for something, anything to happen with Vince's character, but all he did was toil away and get rejected time and time again, and then finally get some work, thanks to Ari's backhanded manipulations, only to be temporarily fired and then out of work completely. I really hope the season finale, has a somewhat optimistic outcome to this rather grim season. Though more than anything I'm hoping there is begining of some character development for any of the boys, because after five years I'm hoping they can finally turn into men.


I do have to add that the one consistent good thing about the show has been the music and even the cameos, Peter Berg and Joy Bryant are still my favorite (and since she's not actually dating him, give him my #) even though a "Gossip Girl" did show up with Tony Bennet.





I still have this Phoenix song stuck in my head from the week 2's epsiode end credits. And it's pretty awesome that local musician Devin Smith's music made it on the show too.

No comments: