Tuesday, December 2, 2008

'Twilight' Movie Review


I'm not going to mince words or go into a long diatribe about this film. All I can say is that it is incredibly entertaining, preposterously silly and annoyingly delightful. I absolutely love Stephenie Meyer's "Twilight Saga," she's a brilliant writer with a distinct voice that has written a great book series with a legion of fans, who's passion boggles my mind. With that mentioned "Twilight" is a completely different artistic endeavor and entity and an ADAPTATION, and not a perfect book to screen copy, but certainly does the source material justice.

Director Catherine Hardwicke has done a stellar job helming this special little film, that just happened to turn into a ginormous pop-culture phenomenon. There's really not much else I can say accept go see the movie if you're interested or intrigued, and if you've actually read any of the Twilight Saga, seeing all the characters come to life will most certainly amuse and please you. It's just a cool movie, with a cool story, cast and fantastic soundtrack, that's worth seeing (maybe even more than once- and no I won't admit how many times I've already seen it.) My rating 8/10

No comments: