Thursday, March 26, 2009

Short Shout Outs

I've been meaning to do this for a while, but just didn't get around to it.

My first short shout out is to Elton John, who's music I keep hearing whether it's on every oldies station, the supermarket and a myriad of TV shows and movies. Elton actually turned 63 yesterday so I want to also take the chance to wish him a Happy Birthday and thank him for ALL of his amazing tunes, I even have "Don't Shoot Me I'm just the Piano Player" album cover in my office and it's the only one that's not actually a film or stage soundtrack.

Rocket Man




Someone Saved My Life Tonight





My 2nd shout out is to Jimmi Simpson, a shockingly gifted character actor that plays creepy, and smug with such ease and hilarity he always makes an impression.

If you watch The Late Show with David Letterman you may have seen him as "Lyle The Intern,(pictured above)" where he goes toe-to-toe with Dave and generally steals the segment. He recently also appeared in the season finale of "Psych" and as a priest with serious issues on "House."

Lyle's First Appearance



The Return of Lyle The Intern



No comments: