Monday, May 4, 2009

Metropolitan Museum's Costume Institute 2009 Gala is happening right now...

& I am dying to know what all the beautiful people are wearing to honor this year's exquisite exhibit titled "The Model As Muse: Embodying Fashion." I'm probably headed up to NY for All Points West Music Festival and will definitely be checking out this exhibition before it closes. The exhibition "explores the reciprocal relationship between high fashion and evolving ideas of beauty, focusing on iconic fashion models in the latter half of the 20th century and their roles in projecting, and sometimes inspiring, the fashion of their respective eras." And if you want to read the whole press release, squint here. I've been eagerly awaiting this exhibition for months and am even more giddy to see who wears what on the red carpet tonight, though I've posted below a few of the most interesting pics I've already found about the exhibition.

Beverly Johnson epitomized beauty to me at an early age, it's great to see her still working it



gay Paree!










oh to have your name up in [black]lights

anyone in the mood for some Mondrian ?

No comments: