Monday, July 27, 2009

Attention People of Earth!


Awesome New Republic's Rational Geographic Volume 2 is now available for download at their site, or you can pick up a physical copy at Miami's only independent record store Sweat Records . I've praised this pair before, but now that legit music mediators are also singing along and singing ANR's praises I can go all out and share, what most of you already know is that I am crazy in love with ANR's music. MJ's voice soothes my soul in a way even I don't understand, but what ultimately ties it together are the incredible & astonishing yet oh so subtle skills of B Rob pm keyboards. The addition of Jorge Rubiera (of the delightful & twangy Down Home Southernaires & THE best drummer in town) fuses the abilities of all these talented gentleman in a glorious and symbiotic fashion. I absolutely love & respect what these guys are able to do musically. While their tunes are sometimes reminiscent of other dance giants (Prince & Hot Chip,) their music is always undeniably original, fun, poignant, profound & most importantly very,very danceable.
There's sooooooooo much more I could add, but I'll save that for when Rational Geographic Volume 3 comes out in October. Til then I'll just keep on telling everyone and anyone I encounter to check them out.

No comments: