Tuesday, August 4, 2009

when worlds collide...Pharrell meets 'Hamlet'





So I happened to meet Pharrell today...yes THE Pharrell, while overseeing a shoot at Marine Stadium today and I got to give him a safety talk, and chat with him for all of 2 seconds, but it was still incredibly cool to meet a guy who's work I so thoroughly enjoy. Later when I was recounting the story to Olivia, we somehow came up with a scenario where I would end up in Pharrell's arms and due to my general awkwardness/infatuation with her, I would end up saying Olivia's name instead of his. Of course she being the brilliant person and wonderful person that she is, remarked I'd probably find someway to combine her and his name & would probably spit out Ophelia. The mere mention of a character from Hamlet made me think of this little tidbit I saw a few weeks ago: Exclusive: 'Twilight' director Catherine Hardwicke to update 'Hamlet' with Emile Hirsch Showbiz News and Scoop Studio and Network Dish EW.com. & that's how Pharrell met Hamlet in my mind...crazy I know, but the dude sees sounds, so he probably wouldn't be too weirded out.



Anyhoozie here are a couple of shots from the shoot, which was for MTV International where a musician and an artist talk about art, what inspires them, etc. It should be pretty rad and is part of a series of 16 1-minute interviews, though I have to say 1 of the coolest moments was when Pharrell told me "Oh wow, I thought you worked for MTV." That comment alone made me think about applying for a job there (for only a second) and put him as a reference! & on a completely different note, I'm in love with the work of William Shakespeare, adore Emile and really respect Hardwicke so I hope their version is rad.






Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: