Sunday, September 7, 2008

OMFG KARL FINALLY REVIEWS TROPIC THUNDER!

so "Tropic Thunder" came out almost a month ago, and that's how long I've been asking Karl to write a review for the movie. when it comes to movies and concerts, i usually ask someone else i know to share how they felt, so my posts aren't completely skewed, "enjoy" his analysis below:

You mumumumumake me happy.
Tropic Thunder is another classic entry in the Ben Stiller catalogue. The story is a little disjointed but it broke the scales for humor, with almost every line being quoteworthy. The detail of every joke was impeccable - even down to Ben Stiller doing a Stallone send up every time he fires his rifle. Robert Downey Jr. brings the house down every time he opens his mouth. As a matter of fact, the whole movie was perfectly cast. The casting might've been a little too good to tell you the truth: Tom Cruise, Matthew McConaughey, Tivo and a G5 absolutely steal the show. And no, I was not offended by any of the retard jokes - half or full.
thanks Karl! My rating 8.9/10

2 comments:

SF said...

Jeff Portnoy: Hey, Alpa, if you come over here and untie me, I will literally suck your dick, right now.

Alpa Chino: Man, what did I tell you? I love tha pussy!

Jeff Portnoy: I'll cradle the balls, stroke the shaft, work the pipes, and swallow the gravy.

Karl Fils-Aime said...

Kirk Lazarus: All right fellas, we're gonna make camp, rest up. Y'all might be in for a treat. You know back before the war broke out I was a saucier in San Antone. I bet I could collar up some of them greens, yeah, some crawfish out the paddy, yo'! Ha! I'm makin' some crabapples for dessert now, yo! Hell yeah, ha!
Alpa Chino: [mocking Kirk] Hell yeah! Ha! That's how we all talk? We all talk like dis, "suh"? Yes suh, ha! Yeah mmm-hmm get some crawfish, and some ribs, ha! Ye-aah. You're Australian! Be Australian! Excuse me, Kangaroo Jack!
[hops away like a kangaroo]
Kirk Lazarus: [confused] I get excited about my foods, man.