Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I'm in love with Panic Bomber


Panic Bomber is the new solo project from local Miami musician Richard Haig and it's fucking awesome! I went to the Sweat Records Stocking Stuffer party and ran into Pat Walsh (check out his weekly party NightDrive by the by,) who asked me if I'd heard Richard's album yet, which I had not. Coincidentally I had run into Rich during Art Basel at the ANR, The Jean Marie and Rachel Goodrich show, and he told me he was working on something new and going by the name of "Panic Bomber," which immediately intrigued me, since Richard is a rather intriguing person, & what better to get the people riled up than the mention of something terrorism related.
So when Pat played the "Calling in Threats Demo" for me, I was shocked, entertained and instantly obsessed. As Panic Bomber Richard's found a way to combine a myriad of electronic formats together to create, fun, dark and mildly hilarious yet incredibly good dance music. Off the Radar Music posted a little feature about him, which is rad because he deserves as many shout outs as possible. You can download the whole album "Calling In Threats" for free on his website or listen to 3 of the tracks on myspace, which happens to include the song I simply can't get enough of "Until Our Legs Break," (while "Smooth Sailor" is really growing on me as well.)
You can see Richard as Panic Bomber in seizure inducing action live at The Vagabond (30 NE 14th Street) Friday, January 9th,2009 at 11 pm (& hopefully he'll play Nightdrive on the 1/21/09 too.) So check him out he's going to blow up, figuratively and maybe just literally.

No comments: