Monday, December 22, 2008

The Borscht Film Festival



Saturday night I had girls night out with my number 1 troublemaker's Alexi and Whitney, who met me at Sweat Records for their Stocking Stuffer event, which was pretty fantastic. While there I came across a flyer for the Borscht Film Festival and later at The Vagabond I coincidentally ran into 2 lovely gentlmen, Nick Ducassi and Lucas Levya, who were promoting the festival. I figured the least I could do was give these guys a shout out and mention this potentially sick event which will be happening at the Tower Theater December 27 and 28th:

The 2008 Borscht Project was to commission 19 Miami artists from all artistic disciplines to collaborate in the creation of 17 short films, each inspired by a different Miami neighborhood. Together, they make “CCCV,” a defining feature film of the Miami New Wave. They range from drama and comedy to experimental documentaries, musicals, science fiction, silent films, and animations.The neighborhoods explored are: Kendall, Liberty City, Hialeah, Coral Gables, Little Haiti, Coconut Grove, La Habana, South Beach, Downtown, Little Havana, Wynwood,South Miami, Homestead, Krome, 8th street, and Key Biscayne. The film will premiere at the 2008 Borscht Film Festival, December 26th, 2008 at 8:00PM at the
Tower Theater.
I've got plenty of family related holiday shenanigans to partake in, so hopefully I'll be able to check it out and if you have the time/chance you should too.

No comments: