Monday, December 8, 2008

trailer trash- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

You've have probably seen the trailer for "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" movie 10 times, seeing as that it's on during every primetime commercial break. It's been heralded as one of the best movies of the year, will be nominated for a Golden Globe in the Best Picture-Drama category, and probably an Oscar as well. Though every time I watch this version that features Arcade Fire's "My Body is a Cage*," I become overwhelmed, intoxcicated and desperate for it to be Christmas Day so I can FINALLY see the movie which I think is the intention. Anyway the film is based on one of my favorite F. Scott Fitzgerald short stories about a man who is born old and ages backwards. The film stars Brad Pitt, Cate Blanchett, and Taraji P. Henson, and is directed by David Fincher. It's a sweeping romantic epic that clocks in at 2 hours and 45 minutes and has me anxiously awaiting Christmas Day as if I were 6 years old again. So I've posted the Arcade Fire scored version of the trailer below and a longer one after it. Please enjoy and I hope you're as excited about the Holiday Season as I am about this movie.




*also my eyes start to well up and I'm reminded of when I saw them perform at Coachella 2007, though that song in particular has always had a strange power over me, that I can't explain/comprehend.

No comments: