Friday, May 22, 2009

Star Trek Review



Since there are just soooooooooo many movies coming out this summer, I'm going to keep these review short and sweet. While I've always been a fan of sci-fi, I never was a Star Trek fan but this movie made me one. J.J Abrams is a more than capable director, that excels at telling a great story that just happens to be action packed (ex. season 1 of both Alias & LOST.) Not only is the film cinematically stunning from the startm the acting holds up too throughout considering what a broad ensemble it is. While Chris Pine is technially the "star" beacuse he plays Captain James Tiberius Kirk, Zachary Quinto (of 'Heroes') owns the movie as Spock. Simon Pegg of course does a brilliant job with comic relief, Anton Yelchi...well he's just too darn adorable not to mention and Karl Urban is a stone fox. There's more I could say, but everyone, their mother and their uncle Adolf has built this movie up so just go check it out for yourself, since I have and probably will again.
My rating: 9.5/10


No comments: