Saturday, October 25, 2008

Guest Blogger Morgan Glanton reviews "W" during a Google Chat convo

During a recent Google Chat conversation with one of my dearest friends Morgan Glanton, she broke down her thoughts on the new Oliver Stone film "W"

morgan: ok, worth seeing i guess. didn't love though. josh brolin was really good. thandie newton's portrayal of condi was sort of crazy and insane and hilarious (though it wasn't supposed to be)

me: how abour mr. jones and mr. wright?

morgan: jones was creepy as all fuck as carl rove, i thought he did a really good job jeffery wright was only okay as powell. it wasn't a particularly memorable performance [while] elizabeth banks made me like laura bush more than i had.
[though] i could never fully believe james cromwell as ghw bush, [&] dreyfuss did a good job with chaney. aptly evil and creepy. all in all the whole thing was very oliver stone, so i'd factor that in when deciding to see it depending on if you're a fan or not

me: the last oliver stone movie i liked was wall street so idk if i'm gonna see
w. though i wanted to before it came out

morgan: yeah, i'm not a huge oliver stone fan myself

me: thanks i'm just going to splice whatever you wrote and post it if you don't mind

he sucks

morgan:no, i enjoy your posts and am totally pleased that you're a bill compton fan

me: mmm vampire bill, so hot, so pale

morgan: loll

and there you have my first Google Chat/interactive review.

No comments: