Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I still love "Scrubs"


Scrubs is back for it's 8th and final season, which will be airing on ABC. The show is just as funny as it was when it began I stand by that statement since I've been a fan since the first time they ever played the opening theme song "...I'm no Superman." So much so that people used to refer to me as "Dr. Cox," (actually I think I may have made them do that, but since I was so "intimidating" they gave in,) I call one of my best friends [a Pakistani med student] "Brownbear," I think "Elliot" is actually a really cool name for a girl & I expect every Janitor's real name or their name tag to at least read "Janitor". Plus the show introduced me to the brilliance that is Zach Braff. Of course his broad comedic skills are fantastically displayed on the show, but it also gave him the chance to actually produce and shoot, one of the greatest films of our generation "Garden State," which he wrote, directed, starred in and produced the sountrack for (which he won a Grammy for- random right? But totally an awesome movie & soundtrack.)

I love ZeeB's so much (that's the elongated version of ZB by the by,) that I once followed him down the street after Kelly, Abdul, Amy and I saw "Monty Python's Spamalot." He was with his dad, so I didn't want to approach him, and tell him how much I respect and adore him, and that he's the Jewish boyfriend I always wanted. We made eye contact though, which was good enough for me, and I guess left me a little light headed, because right after I was almost hit by a taxi and some woman pulled me out of the way. Worst case scenario ZB could have used the medical skills he's "learned" on Scrubs to save me... come to think of it I've never actually seen him do any real doctoring on the show.
Anyhoozie, here's a great interview with creator Bill Lawrence and Zach where they answer questions people submitted on ABC.com, from why they changed networks, to what to expect throughout the season. It's adorably entertaining and there's an awesome prize offered at the end! The episodes will probably be available on the ABC website soon enough, but they're also re-airing the first 2 episodes of season 8, tonight. They were so hilarious I'll probably watch them again, plus Courtney Cox is guest starring as the new Chief of Medicine and the unbelievably hilarious Aziz Ansari (you may have seen him on Best Week Ever or Human Giant) plays an intern.



No comments: