Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button Review


I had been desperate to see "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" since it started principal photography at the start of last year, and than even more so, once the trailers rolled out. Plus the short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald, is one of my favorites. The film is a monument to classic American film making, from the moment it begins you are transported to a world very much like the one we live in, but fully immerses itself in believable and tangible fantasy, that at it's core is simply an epic love story. Brad Pitt has never been better or more handsome, Cate Blanchett is her typical brilliant self, Taraji P. Henson is gold and Tilda Swinton is divine as always. The script also hits all the right notes, from dramatic, comedic, and romantic. Clocking in at just under three hours the film is so well acted, directed and produced that you barely realize it. I would recommend this movie to anyone, becuase it truly was a lush, rich, beautiful cinematic achievement, I am honored to have been able to see, and David Fincher should be incredibly proud of, because they really don't make movies like it anymore.

My rating: 10/10. I really wanted to give it a 9-point something, but I just couldn't, it was too beautiful and well done. Plus the film's website is fantastic!

No comments: