Monday, February 9, 2009

The Grammy's were basically the best Rock Assembly ever...


Back when I was at boarding school each term one assembly was fully dedicated to student performance and called Rock Assembly, which is what I always kinda thought The Grammy's were, but with more famous people and more cleavage. Year after year I've tuned in for the performances, but this year I actually cared about the awards, because I was hoping Radiohead or M.I.A would win, and they both kinda did in their own respects, "In Rainbows" won the award for Best Alternative Album, and "Swagger Like Us" which was inspired by M.I.A's Paper Planes won Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group. Though of course those awards weren't broadcast because the show would have been 8 hours long, you can check out all the winners here, if you actually want to know who won what.
I don't know if you caught the broadcast but here are a few of my favorite performances.


First and foremost Radiohead doing 15 Step with the USC Band was epic, fun and proved Thom Yorke is quite possibly the dopest MOFO on the planet because he's always willing to push the boundaries and create amazing music as well as phenomenal live performances. Plus Gwenyth introduced them, so that was pretty dope (as was her outfit.)




Possibly the coolest performance of the night and definitely the winner for best showmanship and of course swagger.




Coldplay and Jay-Z




I'm still on the fence about this song/performance but hopefully the new album will rock once it comes out March 2nd


No comments: