Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"Breaking Bad" is badass and brilliant



"Breaking Bad" is one of the most exciting, original and well acted shows on TV and you're probably not watching it. I immersed myself in a season 1 marathon all day Sunday to prep myself for the Season 2 premiere and even got my mom to watch all 7 episodes which she really enjoyed and she's a harsher critic than Simon Cowell. Three quarters of the way into the premiere episode she asked me "What is this crap" and I informed her that "Breaking Bad" is about a high school chemistry teacher who lives a simple life in Albaquerque finds out he's got inoperable lung cancer and decides to make crystal meth so he can leave his pregnant wife and teenage son money after he's gone. He ends up teaming up with a former student, who failed chemistry but happens to be a killer salesman, and the comic relief on the show. I want to say that it's reminiscent of great dramas like The Wire and The Shield, but it's something completely new and different.


Breaking Bad is just a stellar accomplishment that I can only speak highly of and wish that I had back in September after Cranston won the Emmy for Best Actor in a Television Drama, he beat out Jon Hamm's beautifully bleak Don Draper! So check out this show if you have the chance and want to see something great.

No comments: