Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm waiting for a gentleman to dedicate this song to me....

While I've been in love with Mos Def since I scuffed one of his kicks outside The White Stripes show at the Hammerstein Ballroom back in 2003, his album "The New Danger" is one of my favorites. And surprising been pretty integral in a number of my relationships over the years. I actually flew up to Baltimore to see Mos in concert for a first date, & I somehow managed to end up with a brand new copy from a different ex well after that relationship was over. While those relationships soured, my musical/artistic respect for Mos certainly has not and I still think "The Beggar" is quite possibly one of his best love songs & I'll admit I'm still waiting for him someone to dedicate it to me. Til then I'll just keep dating Jon Hamm.

No comments: