Thursday, June 4, 2009

I appreciate you...John Mayer

This is a new feature that came about as a way for me to show some appreciation to the people, artists, et all that really move me.
The original draft of this post was full of flowery prose that touched on Mr. Mayer's personal life, antics and other silliness, but I'm just going to keep things short and simple since this post is really about me enjoying and appreciating the product the artist puts out and respecting that vision, though in this case the focus is not a new song.
This is a video John shot while alone on vacation in Japan last week, that I found endearing and reminiscent of "Lost in Translation." It's really inspired me to take a trip alone (as soon as possible) just to clear my head. You can check out the other video's on his page, and you can see him perform tonight on Conan with the esteemed John Mayer Trio. If you've never seen or heard them, they're stellar (Steve Jordan is a musical genius of infinite proportion, and Pino Palladino's bass skills can soothe the soul.) In the meantime please enjoy and know that I also appreciate you fine readers for taking the time to read this and all my other posts!

No comments: