Thursday, June 4, 2009

please take a moment to Chill the F out to...John Mayer

Live From Abbey Road is a great program on The Sundance Channel that features live performances and interviews of artists from a great many genres. While the rest of the videos are from when he launched his last album, the enduring beautiful and serene, "Continuum" in New York in the Fall of '06.

Belief
[by the by there's a whole lot of yapping before this fantastic song]


Gravity
"...is one of the most important songs I've ever written. It's an experiment for me in not explaining everything in the song..."


Slow Dancing in a Burning Room
[this song is soooooooooooo beautiful, but the best part is when he sings some of the lyrics from Thom Yorke's "Eraser" at the 4:26 mark!]


I Don't Trust Myself with Loving You
[story of my life part 1]


Waiting on The World To Change


My Stupid Mouth
[story of my life part 2]


No Such Thing


Bigger Than My Body


Vultures
[he get's all chatty in The Abbey Road performance of this song, but this version performed by The John Mayer Trio is where it's at]

No comments: