Tuesday, June 2, 2009

please take a moment to Rock the F out to - Iggy & The Stooges


I woke up this morning with Iggy Pop's "I wanna be your dog" [posted below] stuck in my head, which meant I was ready to rock the instant I got up. I think it was due to the fact I've been thinking about Iggy for the past week since he's on the cover of The Miami New Times this week and gives a positively fantastic interview and shares his feelings on the state of rock and roll.

A few summer's ago I was at Gardener's Market in South Miami picking up lunch when I spotted a gentleman that looked a lot like Mr. Pop. I went to the hardware store next door to get a key copied, and as I fidgeted in line I said aloud "OMG that was Iggy Pop what the fudge are you still doing here." As I rushed back to Gardener's he was checking out as I walked in, I was so overwhelmed and busy wondering what the King of Punk was was doing in The 305, let alone in my favorite haunt that I didn't know what to say to him as I approached him. Coincidentally I was wearing a Stooges t-shirt that day [I was taking a History of Rock course during the summer along with an actual requirement,] and he pointed right at my chest and said "Hey that's me!" I chatted him up after that and will never get over how cool he was, or the fact that he was wearing a a suit vest as a top, a pair of shorts that most likely were pants at some point and a single flip flop. Now ladies and germs enjoy...

I Wanna Be Your Dog (Live 1979)




The Passenger


Lust for Life (Live)


Search and Destroy


Sixteen


Louie Louie


Bang Bang


Nightclubbing


Gimme Danger


I Wanna Be Your Dog (Live extended)


Interview and performing I'm Bored

No comments: