Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I'm dreaming about Mad Men


For anyone who read this blog last summer/fall you should be aware I'm pretty crazy for "Mad Men." I've been able to keep my zeal in check, since season 2 ended back in October and have been biding my time with other great shows til it returns on August 16th, 2009.


I orginally wrote a draft of this post back in November when Mad Men went off the air because I had a dream about John Slattery, who I've had a mini crush on him since he was on Sex & The City (even though he wanted to pee on Carrie.) I barely remember what happened in the dream, just that he was in it & figured I was suffering from MM withdrawal. Then I had another dream back in March that I was at a private Coldplay concert [ here I'll do it for you, "Hey you know how I know you're gay..."] and ran into Jon Hamm with his actual girlfriend actress Jennifer Westfeldt and we chatted like old friends and I commented on how he was dressed like an English Professor, in a beige corduroy jacket with elbow patches... Yes I know it's bonkers, but coincidentally the night after I had that dream AMC started to rebroadcast the second season.


Anyhoo Vanity Fair has a fantastic feature on the show and it's upcoming season, that was supposed to be a cover story, but was bumped in order for the Farah Fawcett/Michael Jackson tribute issues that are now on stands. All the pictures in this post are from the shoot for the article, and they only make me more excited for the third season of the Best Drama on television. Are you excited?




No comments: