Friday, July 17, 2009

Please take a moment to Rock the F out to - Santigold

First she was Santogold, then had to change it to Santigold, but no matter the moniker,this badass bitch's (born Santi White) music is stellar and is popping up everywhere. After catching an intimate yet amazing performance at PS14 2 years ago, I've been obsessively listening to her debut album for over a year now (& so has the musical director at Entourage apparently.) I thought it was time to share my love (again) for this incredible woman, often referred to as the American M.I.A with all of you, because if you didn't know, now you do, Santigold is official.

While compiling these videos I ended up putting them in the order they’re in on her self-titled debut, except for My Drive Thru

L.E.S Artistes



You’ll Find A Way
[happened to turn up on the 6th season premiere of Entourage]



Shove It



Say Aha



Creator
[you’ve heard this out in the past year and a half & loved it…you know you did]



Lights Out
[yes this is the song from all those Bud Light Lime commercials]



My Superman
[if you watch Entourage religiously & obsessively as I do, you heard this song while they were hanging out at the strip club. I mention it because The Klaxons were also featured on the ep]



Starstruck



Unstoppable
[which you might have caught when Vince got fired off of "Smoke Jumpers"]



I’m A Lady
[this is just some weird fan-made video, but I heart this song since it’s about me]




Anne
[I love every song on this album but there’s just something about this track that drives me wild in a way that Creator & Shove It]



You’ll Find A Way (Switch & Sinden Remix)



My Drive Thru with N.E.R.D and Julian Casablancas to commemorate Converse's Centennial

1 comment:

Lex said...

This just helped me with my mid-day cubicle depression... thank you. <3 you, robot.