Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world my heart can't take it."

I found myself watching American Beauty on TNT a couple weeks back & just can't seem to get it out of my head. Maybe because I think Alan Ball is one of the greatest writers of our time (check out True Blood & Six Feet Under,) the performances are stellar, or Sam Mendes is capable of creating some of the most evocative moments in film and you're not even aware. The scene where Wes Bentley's character shows Thora Birch "the most beautiful thing he's ever filmed" that turns out to be plastic bag dancing in the wind, has always stayed with me, so when I saw this balloon floating outside my window, I had to capture it. Sadly I wasn't able to get any video, but it's playful nature and the delight it provided me with were just as worthwhile as the sense of surprise and shock I felt when the balloon popped soon after I took these.












yes that's the Hair Original Broadway Cast Recording Record sleeve on the wall [Saturday Night Fever and The Great Gatsby are the other 2 ]



No comments: