Friday, September 19, 2008

a closer look at "the odd couple"

one of my oldest friends recently sent me this Gnarls Barkely cover of Radiohead's "The Reckoner." this is one of my favorite songs off "In Rainbows," and the band certainly knows how to play the track, but Cee-Lo sure as hell ain't Thom Yorke.



this video in turn lead me to "who's gonna save my soul?" a beautiful track off their 2nd album "the odd couple."


which in my opinon is a stark contrast to "st. elsewhere" only because it is so mature comparatively. each track is much darker than the upbeat fun house that was "st. elsewhere." "going on" is a perfect example of such. though it's at a fast tempo, it certiainly isn't as frenetic as "transformer" or familiar as "crazy"



maybe that's why they chose "run" as the 1st single, because it's the most accessible.

1 comment:

Whizzle for Shizzle said...

so im glad u posted this anyways even though i posted those first two videos too :)