Friday, December 19, 2008

I am totally and utterly obsessed with Sweden



So much so I'm tempted to go to IKEA to munch on meatballs and meander through the massive edifice. I've had a fascination and appreciation for all Nordic countries since elementary school thanks to Marcus Christensen, but Alexander Skarsgard helped kick my interest into all things Swedish into high gear this summer, as did this Wall Street Journal Travel article from not too long ago. Prior to me fully immersing myself into all things Swedish, all I knew about Sweden was that I'm not really a fan of their fish, it was synonymous with IKEA, Alfred Nobel- creator of The Nobel Prizes was from there, they gave the world ACNE Jeans, ABBA & Peter,Bjorn & John are the only musical acts I can think of from there, I'll sadly never go to Valhalla, they have Ice Hotels like in "Die Another Day" and Stockholm Syndrome wasn't something I wanted.


Alexander Skarsgard


Don't know much about Sweden? Well Wikipedia of course offers the basic historical and factual information on the third largest country (by area) in Western Europe, while The Gateway to Sweden lists so much information, I could barely scratch the surface, and Visit Sweden offers everything a tourist could need. It's also at the center of space tourism in Europe and some of the best stargazing on the planet. If/when I finally go there I'll make sure to post and take plenty of pictures and hopefully come back.



Alfred Nobel






ABBA

Ice Hotel


The view of Northern Lights in Kiruna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A stuga on the moon!

Swedish lunar lander and housebuilding mission: http://www.lunaresort.com/eng.html