Monday, December 15, 2008

I feel bad for Robert Pattinson

As crazy as it may sound I honestly and truly do. As a huge fan of the Twilight Saga, I have obsessively consumed every piece of information available about the book to screen adaptataion of this pop culture phenomenon, but have always been aware it is not real. I haven't seen a frenzy and such utter and complete pandemonium like this since "Titanic" and that was crazy enough the first time around. After reading this Times of London interview with him I can't help but feel bad for him since in the eyes of so many of his underage"fans" (and their equally bonkers moms) he's nothing more than object and the embodiment of Edward Cullen a so called "perfect creature." Though obviously and in all honesty he's an attractive dude, he got really, really lucky fell into the role of a lifetime. The Hollywood machine can be a brutal beast that can chew one up and spit them out before the weekend their movie has been released is over. I wish the kid plenty of luck, but more importantly great work that legitmizes him as an actor rather than just a teen heart throb, because I think he's got the chops for it. And if the acting thing doesn't work out, he can always fall back on slowly, but surely developing music career like Joaquin Phoenix.

***I know I usually don't post about stuff like this, but I felt compelled to since, I legitimately and truly like the idea of him. I write "the idea" because I obvisously don't know him personally, but he reminds of a couple people I know so I want to root for him and wish him all the success in the world. Plus he's a musician at heart and as a Band-Aid I'm all about the music.

No comments: