Sunday, October 26, 2008

Jon Hamm rocks my world

Holy bejeebus his episode of SNL was everything I wanted it to be (which was basically for him to play Don Draper or a version of him in every sketch he's in) and more. I was so excited/desperate to see it I raced home after The Faint show to see it.

Congrats to Amy Poehler who wasn't on the show tonight because she was having her baby!
Speaking of babies, I want to have Seth Meyers'...in an alternate universe of course/ or in 5 years, for the time being i just be in his orbit. He's doing such a great job as head writer and am so proud of the material he's put out this year. The fact that he also has an incredibly talented ensemble to stage what he oversees helps of course, which is why alums like Bill Murray, Tina Fey, Will Ferrell, Chris Parnell and Maya Rudolph have come back.

I have to give a shout out to Will Forte because he never fails. He is amazingly brilliant and not just because he played a ROBOT TELEPHONE. And though Kristen Wiig was only in a few sketches she of course was divine.

I do have to quote from the show and share:
"Mmm I want me some Jon Hamm John Ham.

There's been a whole mess of fingers in Butts ever since... I can't wait to lick the crack in Butts."

Oh and this little band called Coldplay performed. A # of people have told me they're not into Coldplay because they think they're depressing, but I actually have always found their music incredibly powerful, really uplifting, beautiful and just plain fun because they're clearly enjoying themselves. Which may be part of the reason they got to play 3 songs over the common 2 every other band gets to do, & was totally evident when they closed the show with their 1st single "Yellow." Oh and at the very end of the song Chris Martin said "Barack Obama,"which I can only imagine was an endorsement of some sort, though he can't vote, but is clearly very very interested in the outcome.

All in all I thought it was a pretty fantastic show and possibly my most memorable episode.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: