Thursday, October 30, 2008

surprisingly enough i'm not too excited for Halloween this year...


Last Halloween I was Cleopatra, i even had my own sickly looking slave boy who followed me around in gold pants "for effect,"(and no that is not a picture of him above.) so I think I could play her in the live-action 3D musical Steven Soderbergh is working on, instead of Catherine Zeta-Jones.
this year i'm still undecided on what to do/who to be, though Josephine Baker, Diana Ross in "Mahogany," and Grace Jones are all very high on the list, mainly so i can wear my own clothes. though it may seem lame, i prefer "dressing up" regulary and just haven't been totally inspired by a costume or concept yet enough to succumb to falling into line with everyone else.

2 comments:

mgg said...

dude what happened to the aimee mann post??? as far as i'm concerned the only good thing about that movie was the soundtrack (which is devine) and i wanted to come out of closet about my 'til tuesday love when i saw the post in google reader but when i came here to comment it didn't exist!

Nick Lewis said...

cleopatra is a strong look! My brother is going as Michael J Fox ala teenage wolf this year, i'm not dressing up, i'm not a Pagan and if there is no party then halloween is kinda lame, especially in the UK. Glad you like the kicks, my boy teck1 did them for me, he is the graf artist who was the main attraction at the first ever exhibition i curated, so chuffed.