Friday, November 21, 2008

The freaks/the fans come out at night! Post "Twilight" review.

I'll post a full review later, but I just have to say wow.
There were so many die hard fans out and that was probably the best part. I literally witnessed and was part of cultural phenomenon. The groups of girls wearing "Team Edward" t-shirts were all really nice, though I wish they threw some "V's," or what most people would assume is the symbol for peace.

Anyway the movie was solid, totally legitimate and relatively respectful to the source material, though in the end it was a film adaptation of a pretty fantastic book, literally and figuratively, so there were A LOT of cinematic conceits. Though overall the movie was as believable as possible considering its about vampires. Kristen Stewart was pretty damn great, Robert Pattinson could be the next James Dean he's that remarkable and Catherine Hardwicke is a badass goddess that helmed a fun, smart, young adult drama. But I do have to say the best part, aside from Robert Pattinson's hilariously painful brooding was that Radiohead's '15 Step' played over the credits...yes I know I'm obsessed but it was the cherry on top.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: